Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Friday Freebies: Collection of free CV templates!
Have / know a freebie that you want to share? - Feel free to send it!
The Design Blog: facebook | twitter | pinterest | subscribe
Hey guys I gotta say, people send me CVs literally every day and
- If you e-mail me a CV I’m sure as hell not going to find a large format printer just to look at how great your design is, in fact I’m pretty unlikely to look at it in colour. (that applies less so if your applying for a graphic design job but if that’s the case then I’m sure you’re not going to be using anyone’s templates anyway).
- I don’t need your photo and certainly don’t need your date of birth - in the UK these both give away bits of information that it’s just straight up illegal for a recruiter to ask for, so give some thought into why you’re so comfortable having those on your CV. (arguably so does your name but eh).
- What’s with giving your skills those little level bits? Unless they are levels of a generally recognised qualification then ?????? (??????)
- Is that an inspirational quote because oh my god.
- Passion is a quality, not a skill, come on now.
Being a nice person is so fun
Waiter messes something up? You can see the relief on their faces when you don’t scream and swear at them about it
Extra tickets at an arcade/prize place? Watch a little kid’s face light up when you give them a bunch of tickets
There are too many assholes in this world. Be a nice person.
I’m pissing myself laughing at the Beatles fans who are saddened that Kanye West might make an album w/ Paul McCartney because now they’ll be left with the age old challenge of being a classic rock fan, "should I stick with my racially bias opinion of music or admit that rap is a legitimate art form?" I can hardly wait for all the cry babies I’m jerking off rn just thinking about it
“Women are more likely to be attracted to personality and men are more likely to be attracted to physical appearance.”
Woah maybe that’s because we teach women to see men as people and we teach men to see women as objects.
Ding ding ding ding ding.
I changed my mind and then I changed my life ❤️
I can never stop posting this. The narrow minded bible fanatics that just look at one small thing in the bible then feed the world with their hate over it. At the same time they ignore all the other silly laws made by man they claimed were made by god. These gif’s say it all.
Omg this was best post I’ve seen today, I will never scroll by this. EVER